Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lily's Body Image Issues Resolved


Man Preschool Art is a RIOT! I'm a control freak. I like things done my way, if you don't want to do it my way- that's OK- just move out of the way and let me get it done. This personality trait does not mesh well with the growing independence of 2-3 year olds. Preschool allows a level of self expression that generates big messes. I usually try to contain big messes. I also like things done right, which as I've found out is truly in the eye of the beholder. As I mentioned before, Lily's 1st art had arms that were upside down and backwards. I asked her about her picture. I asked if she was all excited and was raising her hands. She giggled at me and said No mommy, her's wavin her hands, like THIS! She then waved at me with both hands and a precious smile. Silly mommy, body issues are for grown ups. Of course the big listening ears she came home with today cracked me up. No wonder they don't listen, their normal ears are WAY too small.




1 comment: