Sunday, August 31, 2008

Kiera Pancakes


When I was little, my dad used to make us special pancakes. Sometimes they were Jenny pancakes, or hearts, or Mickey Mouse, or the Virgin Mary. It wasn't until later that I realized he pretty much just plopped batter down and let our imaginations run wild. After awhile we would put in requests and he loved the challenge of trying to meet them. A few years back when I had a few less kids and a few more minutes in the morning, I made my special princess Kiera her very own pancakes. With a spoon , I fashioned all the letters of her name on the griddle and carefully flipped them. They were placed on a big plate and she was ecstatic. From then on, I often get the request for "Kiera pancakes." Sometimes she would want her 'i' dotted with a heart, or a flower, but mostly she just wants Kiera pancakes. This morning was no exception and after a 2 year boycott of pancakes, Phillip also asked for Phillip pancakes- which means I then had to make Lily and Bella pancakes- poor Bella who can't read yet is going to consider all silver dollar pancakes Bella pancakes because I ran out of steam after Lily's Y and she was chanting-Gungry mommy gungry mommy. I probably should have plopped the batter down and let their imaginations run while- next time...

No comments: