Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I love to go do something fun on Mother's Day. You couldn't pay me to try and go to brunch and fight the masses. My very first mother's day, Phil of course was gone- but Lil Phillip and I spent a wonderful day at the San Antonio Zoo and stopped at a couple really tempting antique shops in the 2.5 hour drive back to Del Rio.  Places that I always drove by and thought- I bet that has some beautiful things. They did and I splurged on a $17 wrought iron vanity mirror. The mirror broke years ago, but it still sits on my dresser and reminds me of the fabulous day I spent with my little man 10 years ago.

This year we went to Waimea Falls so I could try out a new camera. It's tough choosing adventures that fit all the kids' needs and abilities and Waimea suits everyone.  Phil had never been and was so exited to see the falls, jumped right in with the kids- clothes and all.  Bella was less than enthused by the noise and splash of the falls- but the other kids dove right in. It was a wonderful day and fun to watch and let their dad worry about keeping them alive for the afternoon!





Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Mother's Day 2010

Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This digital scrapbook made with Smilebox

No comments: