Thursday, May 20, 2010

Makapuu Lighthouse

I love lighthouses. Maybe it's what they signify, a light in the distance and a safe harbor. Phil and I took Lily and Bella one morning on a little hike to check out the Makapuu Lighthouse.  I have been wanting to go for years, since it is a paved walk, something I could push the stroller up. I am glad I brought the brutely man-type along. I could have done it myself and might have tried out of sheer stubborn spunk, but it would not have been pretty. There are some amazing views along the drive to the path and once you are on it. They are the kind of views that remind me of the beauty and wonder of the island that sometimes gets lost in the day to day grind.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Makapuu Lighthouse
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free scrapbook

No comments: